Elaine was fortunate enough to have met Pops once last summer when the Weidmann family went to the Del Coronado in San Diego, CA. Pops and Auntie Jane came down from Bakersfield for a few days during the trip and Elaine was able to have a few moments with Pops.
Anyway, I ended up going to Pop's funeral as the Facknitz representative. It was a beautiful service and burial. He had a lovely military tribute at the burial since Pops was a veteran of WWII. I am very grateful to have been there to honor him. And I am very blessed to have been able to call him Pops.
I want to include this little video I shot at Pop's house. Its of my Mom and I doing a little bit of straightening around his house the morning of the funeral. I just wanted to have an online archive of his house. A house I've known all my life that carries so many cherished memories.
Pops & Granny's House
We love you, Pops. We miss you.

No comments:
Post a Comment