Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bon Appetite!




Our little girl has come to the age of experiencing the wonderful world of solid foods! Although we didn't start consistently feeding her regular meals of pureed fruits & veggies until after we got back from CA, I gave Elaine her first taste of apples and avocados on her 5 month birthday. I was curious to see how she'd react! It was entertaining of course. Apparently it takes a while to learn how to use one's tongue to swallow a pudding texture if you've only swallowed liquids your whole life. But by the end of the experiment, Elaine could successfully slurp up both the applesauce and mashed avocados. AND she seemed to like them!

Now that she's 6 months old, she eats 2 baby food meals a day in addition to her regular mommy-milk regimen. So far she enjoys: green beans, sweet potatoes, apples, avocados, bananas, peaches, and rice cereal. Soon she'll experience the excitement of blueberries, carrots, corn, and peas. I'm grateful to have the time to make these baby food items at home. And thanks to the internet, I can make all kinds of meals for E without having to be a gourmet chef!

So lets take a look at the lady in action!
Avocado Introduction

No comments:

Post a Comment