Since we finished all of our "to-do" things two weeks ago, we've been enjoying a quiet February together, which is easy since its been averaging 25 degrees these days. Jeremy organized a last little "get away" weekend two weeks ago. We went up and stayed in a lovely hotel in St. Charles, swam in the pool (ah, buoyancy!) and went to a Greg Brown concert. When will the next time be when we stay in a hotel by ourselves??
Pictures of the Greg Brown concert in the beautiful Sheldon Theater in downtown St. Louis. Also had a late night Dennys run. Did you know the county of St. Charles still allows smoking sections in restaurants!? Wow!Yuk!
Jeremy's 36th Birthday was sweet and mellow. He had a little birthday dinner at Winney's house (mom Weidmann) with the Sustars. He received many cards and calls from family, a roast dinner and some modest gifts from his wife including a 20 dollar bill to buy dollar records at Euclid Records. We came home with 13 new albums, all great! Excellent way to widen your musical garden!
Photo Shoot: I went to my friend Jen Suydam's house to shoot just a few posterity pictures at 37 weeks and 5 days. I think they turned out beautifully. What a blessing to experience this wonder of life!



Final Thoughts: Jeremy and I wake up every morning now and say, "Today's as good a day as any to have our lives change forever." About 2 days ago I turned to Jeremy as we went to bed and said "I'm ready to meet our baby." And its true. I'm not nervous anymore about giving birth. Not anxious about becoming a Mom. I'm not anxious about getting anything else done or having more time. I'm ready for our family to grow by one and welcome this little miracle with more kisses than I've ever given before.
Next post will be to announce Baby Facknitz's birth!
Thank you, God!



No comments:
Post a Comment