I must say, I've been feeling great for the majority of this pregnancy. Especially through most of the second trimester & this early time in the third. With the baby being so big now, I can feel all movement, not just kicks. I can feel when the baby moves positions, hiccups, and digs into my right side (ouch!). The next post will show you the amazing movement happening these days, visible with the naked eye!
Symptoms update
There was a recent request to actually talk more about how I've felt through all this. So, here's a bit of updating:First Trimester: Of course was a little rocky with the laundry list of new sensations & yuckies. (laundry list being: consistent nausea, frequent urination, sore breasts, heightened smell, food aversions, bleeding gums, crazy dreams, exhaustion, skin break outs, flatulence that could peel paint, faster nail growth, mood swings, etc). But I can say I'm one of the lucky ones. I never threw up, which was very nice. And honestly, but the end of week 10 I felt a lot more normal. I just had to chain myself to my fridge for the first two months because my kind of nausea demanded that I always have something in my stomach. I know its hard to believe but I honestly got really sick of eating.
Second Trimester: Definitely smoother than the first but not without its issues. My hips got achy around week 16 so I needed to sleep with a body pillow from that point on. I also had mild headaches for about 3 weeks from 12 - 15 which were more annoying than anything. I also experienced much larger mood swings a couple times where I would cry, then get really angry, then cry, then freak out… over nothing of course. In these times I had to just put myself to bed. Of course by week 22 I was bulgy enough to start grunting as I got in and out of bed. Tying shoes became a chore and crossing my legs became more difficult. I also started back strengthening exercises to help with ciatic aches.
At week 18, the weekend of our first anniversary, I felt the baby move for the first time. Very fun! It just felt like a golf ball sized bulge moved down in my pelvis. "I think I just felt the baby!" I said to Jeremy. The next week or so I could feel kicks and grabbed Jeremy's hand and pushed it into my pelvis. He felt them too and promptly started to freak out in excitement. Since then, its been a steady increase in activity and exciting new sensations.
And now… Third Trimester!
Adjusting to my new size is actually fun. I'm glad I don't suffer from any body image issues cause Peanut and I are weighing in at 33 pounds over where I started at this point. And honestly, as long as my clothes are elastic and comfortable, I have no problem with that! I'm loving it.
As for symptoms to report, I've had some spells of acid reflux that haven't been fun, the right side of my lower back got a bit strained from raking leaves (better now with exercises), occasional bleeding gums, hips are hurting again at night, and the grunting has become pretty regular. Honestly, you don't know how much you use your abdomen muscles till they're gone.
Around week 29 Peanut dug some part of his/her body into my right side, deep, like he/she was a burrowing animal trying to make a home in my kidney. "Where are you trying to go?" I'd ask as I pushed back. It was certainly uncomfortable. P stayed there for about 4 days then moved positions, which was welcome. After reading about baby mapping online (trying to tell how your baby is lying in your belly), I've been able to tell when Peanut is breech (kicks in pelvis), head down (kicks in ribs), or side lying (kicks in side). Of course this is just an estimation on my part by feeling around externally on my tummy but I can confirm that Peanut is healthy and active in there!
And now, onto new photos for this time frame:
Week 28: black is slimming, of course.
Week 29: Tis the Season (to eat what you want!)
Week 31: Its a winter land, Peanut!
Peanut is about 16 inches long now, around 3 1/2 pounds. Poised and ready for a growth spurt!






No comments:
Post a Comment